How to make a gas mask bong (and use one)
Though this DIY version is meant to save you time, money, act similarly as a store-bought gas mask bong, and it doesn’t require an extra gas mask lying around which the average person likely doesn’t have on hand. Buying a ready-made gas mask bong can be expensive and often takes days or more to ship. This project should take no more than ten minutes and take somewhere under $5 in other accessories to make it work.
- 1 2-liter plastic pop bottle with lid
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 drilling tool
- Wash out the pop bottle and remove any stickers or labels.
- Now you will need to flip the bottle upside down, and completely remove the bottom of it along the edge that meets the sides. Once you are finished the edges of the open portion should be flat and not curved in. If they are curved than you will need to trim them down more so that they don't scrape you face as you put it on.
- Now take a marker and trim out a rectangle along the side of the bottle, leaving the curved end where the chamber narrows.
- Remove the lid if you haven't already and try to slide the plastic sleeve under your chin and around the sides of your face. The lid should line up close to your mouth, and the sides need to rest comfortably along your skin. If it pokes you, isn’t wide enough, or has some other problem you can slowly trim it down until it hugs the sides of your face and chin as closely as possible.
- Take a drilling tool, and make a small hole in the center of the bottle lid.
- Now you are done, and it’s time to learn how to use it!
How to use a homemade gas mask bong
- Roll a joint and fit one end of it snugly into the hole in the lid of the gas mask bong.
- Once you are satisfied with the fit of the joint, you can spark it up using a lighter, and take a couple of puffs to get it going. Though technically you can light it while it’s on your face, that isn’t always the most comfortable thing to do. Once it’s burning away, you can slide it back into the hole, and screw the lid back onto the open bottle tip.
- Slide the mask over your face and take the deepest inhale you can manage. Remove the gas mask bong to exhale.
How to use a gas mask water bong (ready-made)
A manufactured gas mask bong is going to be quite a bit different than the homemade one we instructed you on above. Generally, a store-bought version will come equipped with a glass bong that is already attached to a gas mask with the hose removed. The best ones also have silicone around the outer edges of the face to maintain a good draw. If you don’t feel that seal, it won’t smoke nearly as well which is why there are so many complaints about the cheaper versions. Using a gas mask water bong is simple, but we will walk you through it just in case you have any questions.
- Unscrew the attached bong from the gas mask portion of the apparatus.
- Fill the bottom chamber of the bong between ½ and ¾ of the way will water.
- Reattach the bong to the mask hole clockwise to tighten.
- Gently pull the mask over your face and move it around until you feel the same suction you would expect from a pair of goggles. Once you achieve it, you will be able to make the bong bubble by just breathing in.
- Fill the bowl that is located on the side of the bong portion with dry herb.
- Ignite the cannabis with a lighter, and take a few deep breaths, and always be prepared to remove it immediately in case you start choking.