How to grow hydroponic weed
If you are here, I am going to assume to you may not know all the basics, so we will explain what hydroponic weed is, what hydroponics means before showing you how to set up a hydroponic grow room yourself with an easy to follow step by step guide. Included you will find a nutrient schedule alongside tips and tricks to pull off the best harvest possible.
What is hydroponic weed?
A hydroponics system for weed produces buds that are often referred to as hydro. Hydroponic weed is dried bud that has been harvested from cannabis plants that have been grown using water rather than soil. The product produced by hydroponics grow operation is generally accepted as more potent and therefore worth more.
How to grow hydroponics weed
The most significant advantage that a grower gets by choosing hydroponics is the ability to directly feed nutrients into the plant’s roots. While most assume there is nothing but water involved, the majority of hydroponic methods require some form of growing medium like Perlite or Coco Coir which has a similar texture to the soil. No matter which way is used hydroponics will produce stronger, faster-growing yields than soil alone could ever offer. A hydroponic grow op is not always complicated. You can order easy to use hydroponics systems for weed online, but they do add an additional expense.
How to set up a hydroponics grow room
Since we want to focus on a method that is easy for beginners, we will use Coco Coir as our growing medium and a 250-watt HPS light. This method will feel more familiar to outdoor growers as it’s density and feel if much like soil.
- 1 250 watts grow light
- 1 exhaust fan
- 1 window fan
- 4 feminized seeds
- Coco Coir potting soil
- 4 3-gallon pots
- 1 2x4x5 grow tent
- 1 timer to preset lighting
- Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora and CaliMagic
- Water catching trays for pots
- 1 thermometer
- Rope ratchets
- Measuring scoops
- 1 ph kit
- 1 Dropper
- Set up your grow tent as close to a window as possible.
- Use ratchets to hang the 250-watt light.
- Set up your exhaust fan at the top of the grow tent. Remember that the air needs to be blowing out and there needs to be an intake hole. The exhaust hole must be smaller than the intake hole. If you are lucky, your tent will come with a premade intake hole and a place to insert the exhaust fan. If not, you will have to cut a hole into the ten to accommodate one. Always ensure pieces have a snug fit for the most control over the ten’s environment.
- Now it’s time to install a window fan as close to the grow tent as possible. You want it blowing outwards and drawing fresh air in.
- Fill the three-gallon pots 4/5 of the way full of Coco Coir and water the material until you see it leaking from the bottom of the pots. For watering use one gallon of tap water and nutrients before testing the PH. If it’s lower than 5.5 or higher than 6.5 than adjust your nutrients accordingly.
- Now it’s time to ensure your lighting and timers work. Set lights to be on for 18 hours a day and turn your fans on.
- Place one seed per pot approximately 1 inch into the Coco Coir.
- Since the material we are using requires large amounts of water, it is essential to check the dampness at least two times a day from this point on. Nutrients should be added once a day to the watering schedule.
- Once a plant leaves the sapling stage, they enter the vegetative stage which lasts for 3-4 weeks and begins once each plant has at least four leaves. Remember to keep watering plants regularly according to the nutrient schedule included below. Lights should be set to be on for 16 hours a day.
- Once plants enter the flowering stage, you will see buds begin to appear in the form of white hairs and small amounts of crystal. This stage will last 6-8 weeks and is the most active stage where the plant will achieve the most growth and can be trained. During the flowering stage, your grow lights should be set to even 12 hours on and 12 hours off.
- Patience, now you will need to wait for the plants to finish.
Never mix any of these ingredients undiluted.
Vegetative stage 0-4 weeks
Week 0 - 1 tsp of CaliMagic
Week 1- ¼ tsp FloraMicro, ⅛ tsp FloraGro, ⅛ tsp FlorBloom, 1 tsp CaliMagic,
Week 2- ½ tsp FloraMicro, ½ tsp FloraGro, ⅛ tsp FlorBloom, 1 tsp CaliMagic
Week 3- ½ tsp FloraMicro, ½ tsp FloraGro, ¼ tsp FlorBloom, 1 tsp CaliMagic
Flowering stage 4-12 weeks
Week 4- ½ tsp FloraMicro, ½ tsp FloraGro, ½ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 5- ½ tsp FloraMicro, ¼ tsp FloraGro, ½ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 6- ¼ tsp FloraMicro, ½ tsp FloraGro, ½ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 7- ¼ tsp FloraMicro, ¼ tsp FloraGro, ½ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 8- ¼ tsp FloraMicro, ¼ tsp FloraGro, ½ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 9- ¼ tsp FloraMicro, ⅛ tsp FloraGro, ¾ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 10- ⅛ tsp FloraMicro, ⅛ tsp FloraGro, ¾ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 11- ⅛ tsp FloraMicro, ⅛ tsp FloraGro, ¾ tsp FlorBloom, ½ tsp CaliMagic
Week 12- no added nutrients