Can you smoke weed stems?
Smoking weed stems is not a good idea. Below I have listed some of the reason for that statement.
- Digestive system problems can occur when marijuana stems are smoked. The taste is offensive, and the compound from the stalks that you inhale can cause you to experience some unwanted side effects. These side-effects can include abdominal pain vomiting and nausea.
- The amount of stems you would need to smoke to get any high is not even worth mentioning. The stems do not get you high, and the amount of smoke that you inhale into your lungs is dangerous. Your respiratory system reacts to the smoke by constricting your lungs. This is unfavorable for asthma sufferers.
- If migraines plague you stay away from smoking stems. A migraine will be intensified. Your headaches will be longer lasting.
There is however no need to throw away the stems of the cannabis plant. If you are mindful of never wasting anything, there are ways to include the stems of the plant, here is a suggestion for their use.
Uses for marijuana stems
Weed tea or as some refer to it as brew tea or steam tea, utilizes the stems. It can be used with your organic water for a flavor in the water. Another use for the stems of the plant is in the making of high-fat coconut infused oil.
If you are going to use the stems for making your tea, decarboxylation is necessary. After the decarboxylation process, grind up your stems and put them in a teabag. This teabag mixed with your hot chocolate is a delicious way to use those marijuana stems.
Here is a nice soothing tea that you can make for yourself. You can use the stems from your plant to enhance the total effects of your infused tea.
Ingredients needed for a soothing cannabis tea.
- 3 teaspoonfuls of decarboxylated marijuana buds and the stems from your plant
- 3 teaspoonfuls of organic dried chamomile
- 3 teaspoonfuls of organic dried rose buds
- Cannabis infused honey to taste
• Place all the dried flowers and your ground marijuana weed stems in a tea infuser.
• Put the infuser into a pot of hot boiled water
• Steep the dried flowers and marijuana stems for ten mins.
• Pour your infused tea into a cup add your infused honey to taste
The benefits of weed infused tea have been discussed for years. Pain relief is one of the number one reasons that this method of consuming tea is used. The tea for pain relief should be made from a strain that is high in CBD. If you suffer from painful arthritis, a nice cup of hot cannabis-infused tea will hit the spot.
Cannabis is a great way of soothing the angry digestive system. Using cannabis and its stems will prove to be effective in controlling and soothing cramps that problems with the digestive system can present.
It would not be right if I did not mention using a weed tea for anxiety and depression. Picking the correct strain will put those stressful feelings away. Harlequin is a perfect strain to use when battling bouts of depression, and why not use it to make a nice cup of weed tea. And why not go ahead and roll a joint while you are waiting for the water to boil.